[Python-Dev] Base-n integer formatting

Chermside, Michael mchermside at ingdirect.com
Wed Sep 10 10:30:08 EDT 2003

Yuri:

I think you have some interesting ideas, but this is really not the
best place to present them. The newsgroup comp.lang.python, also a
mailing list at python-list at python.org, is really the best place to
discuss these ideas. Python-dev is intended for discussion about
the development of Python. New ideas or language features are best
introduced first on c.l.py, then based on the feedback there, written
up as a PEP, *THEN* folks will start discussing it on python-dev as
they figure out HOW (and perhaps whether) to implement it. There's
an exception -- regular Python developers sometimes introduce ideas
on this list, but that's a very short list of people, and it's a
bit different, because if they bring it up it's because they're
already volunteering to implement it (and probably have a prototype
up and running already).

If you'll contact me _separately_, I'll be glad to give you my
thoughts on your suggestions.

-- Michael Chermside