[Python-Dev] datetime issues

Gustavo Niemeyer niemeyer at conectiva.com
Sun Sep 14 20:06:37 EDT 2003

Greetings!

Is there any reason for not having a single keyword parameter for
every function accepting a tzinfo instance? I've noticed that some
require 'tz', and others 'tzinfo'. Is it too late to fix that?

Also, is there any further work going on to improve the datetime module?
I'm not suggesting we should mirror mx.DateTime functionalities, but two
features I miss from mx.DateTime is the DateFrom(), which does its best
to parse a given string, and the RelativeDateTime() functionality.

This has probably been raised in the past, so if that's the case, I'm
sorry. Marc-Andre, what's your opinion about reusing code from
mx.DateTime into datetime?

Anyway, reusing code or not, I'll probably put sometime on it in the
future, if this looks interesting to everyone (after I finish my current
python pendencies, like SRE's recursivity removal).

--
Gustavo Niemeyer
http://niemeyer.net