[Python-Dev] latest bsddb3 test problems

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Mon Sep 22 03:04:23 EDT 2003

I'm seeing this fail as well, on Redhat 9. Backing out Greg's changes over
the weekend doesn't help... the tests still mark as "passed", even though
there's the fairly horrible error/warnings. I'm guessing something that
raises an error in a non-main thread doesn't get picked up by regrtest.py

test_bsddb3 is failing on pretty much every box I've tried it on here -
Solaris and Redhat linux, most running the latest-n-greatest release of
DB4.1 (we use it pretty heavily in a variety of internal applications).

Solaris 8 (DB 4.1.25. gcc 2.96):
  DBAgainError: (11, 'Resource temporarily unavailable -- mmap: Resource temporarily unavailable')

Solaris 7 (DB 4.1.25, gcc 2.95.2)
  Crashes with a SIGBUS. The version of _bsddb.c from a week ago has a lot of
  errors, but doesn't crash.

Redhat 10beta/Rawhide (DB 4.1.25)
  DBNoMemoryError: (12, 'Cannot allocate memory -- Lock table is out of available locks')
  alternating with SIGBUS

Redhat 7.1,7.2,7.3 (DB 3.2.9)
  Crashes with a SIGBUS.

I'm going to check with Spambayes as an actual application and see whether
the tests that are failing are at fault, or if we've got something that's
just busted. Can anyone report the bsddb3 tests as passing on their system?
Note that they're not run by default.

I'm at a loss as to whether to delay the release or not...

Anthony