[Python-Dev] Py2.3.1

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Sep 22 06:18:21 EDT 2003

Anthony Baxter <anthony at interlink.com.au> writes:

> I'm planning on starting the dance of the seven release tarballs Tuesday
> morning AU time, which is more or less 0:00 Tuesday UTC. Assuming that
> no-one objects to this timeframe, could people be _extremely_ conservative
> with checkins on the branch for the 24 hours before this? I'm going to
> be starting to cut test release tarballs probably some time tomorrow and
> building it on as many platforms as I can ssh to easily - I can make this
> available to other people if they want to help test, or if they've got
> some sort of strange version of Unix (Irix and HP/UX are always good
> ones to check for platform oddities).

Um.  Has someone done the 'reading through cvs logs' ritual for 2.3.1?
It's tedious, but valuable.  In particular, I'm not *certain* all the
results of the refleak fixing spree got backported, and some of them
should probably acquire NEWS entries.  I'm not sure I want to promise
being able to do this in the next twelve hours...

(If anyone wants to review the _hotshot.c patch attached to bug
#808756, that'd be grand, too).

Cheers,
mwh

--
  On the other hand, the following areas are subject to boycott
  in reaction to the rampant impurity of design or execution, as