[Python-Dev] Py2.3.1

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Mon Sep 22 13:25:33 EDT 2003

[Thomas Heller]
> I built a windows installer and started testing it under WinXP and
> win98SE a few hours ago, there haven't been any checkins to the
> release-23maint branch in the meantime except one to gopherlib.
>
> On winXP everything worked (although test_largefile took ages to
> complete on my notebook), on Win98SE (not the desktop) the testsuite
> fails in test_winsound (do I need a soundcard for this?) and in
> test_bsddb3.

See my msg yesterday:  test_bsddb3 always fails on Win98SE, and that's
nothing new (it failed the same ways under 2.3).

test_winsound recently started failing on my Win98SE box too.  Don't know
why, and ran out of time to dig into it yesterday.  I seem to recall it
failing the same way for Guido a long time ago.  Maybe some MS service pack
or update changed endcase behavior -- don't know.