[Python-Dev] Merge unittest.py fixes to 2.3 maintenance branch?

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Tue Sep 23 05:27:03 EDT 2003

>>> Steve Purcell wrote
> Hi all,
>
> I recently checked into HEAD fixes for a couple of niggling issues with the
> unittest module, and I think it might be worth merging them into the 2.3
> maintenance branch. Any thumbs up or down on that? I see that a tag is set
> for 2.3.1, but it's not clear to me if that's final.

Pretty much. Thomas and I are doing a bunch of testing on the release candidate
tarball and exe, but unless we see something seriously busted, I don't think
cutting a new release is going to happen.

On the plus side, if the discipline to keep features out of the maintenance
releases continues, there's no reason to avoid a 2.3.2 somewhere down the
track.