[Python-Dev] Merge unittest.py fixes to 2.3 maintenance branch?

Steve Purcell python-dev-list at pythonconsulting.com
Tue Sep 23 11:42:45 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 23 September 2003 15:09, Aahz wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2003, Steve Purcell wrote:
> > - Fixed loading of tests by name when name refers to unbound
> >   method (PyUnit issue 563882, thanks to Alexandre Fayolle)
> > - Ignore non-callable attributes of classes when searching for test
> >   method names (PyUnit issue 769338, thanks to Seth Falcon)
>
> These two are probably okay to port back (though too late for 2.3.1).

Great.

> > - New assertTrue and assertFalse aliases for comfort of JUnit users
> > - Automatically discover 'runTest()' test methods (PyUnit issue 469444,
> >   thanks to Roeland Rengelink)
> > - Dropped Python 1.5.2 compatibility, merged appropriate shortcuts from
> >   Python CVS; should work with Python >= 2.1.
> > - Removed all references to string module by using string methods instead
>
> These should wait on 2.4.

Yup, fair enough, though I might except the fix for issue 469444 from that,
since it leads to unexpected behaviour when following examples in the std
library docs. (i.e. TestCase classes that define only the method 'runTest()'
will not be automatically run by unittest.main()).

Best wishes,

-Steve

--
Steve Purcell, Pythangelist