[Python-Dev] 2.3.1 is (almost) a go

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Tue Sep 23 20:38:02 EDT 2003

>>> Matthias Klose wrote
> please could you consider
> - either to hand-edit the generated configure script
> - or rebuild configure with autoconf from current CVS
> to enable a correct configuration on HPUX?

Michael Hudson and I spent several painful hours on this last
night - at the moment, there's an entry in the bugs.html page
detailing the workaround (edit pyconfig.h after running
configure). At this point in the cycle I'm extremely uncomfortable
trying to either hand-edit configure or running a new autoconf.

I'm recutting the tarball now, I'll add a note to the README
as well.