[Python-Dev] RELEASED Python 2.3.1

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at oratrix.com
Wed Sep 24 08:43:09 EDT 2003

On woensdag, sep 24, 2003, at 10:15 Europe/Amsterdam, Anthony Baxter
wrote:

> Oh yeah - please hold off on the release23-maint branch for a bit,
> in case Jack wants to cut a 2.3.1 release for the Mac... Jack?

I don't know whether I'll find the time, give me until the end of the
week
to decide, please.

And off on a tangent: I think we need a python-dev-announce mailing
list or
something of the sort. I've been busy with Real Work the last month,
and I
only skim python-dev when I have time, so today is the first time I hear
about 2.3.1 (and, being on a train without internet-access right now
I can't even test it:-).

I'm not happy with this. For one thing, I haven't seen any indication
that anyone
tried a framework build on MacOSX, and how such a build interacts with
the
pre-installed 2.3 on Panther. Even though I wouldn't have had time to do
any fixes for MacOSX that are on my plate I would at least have tested
that 2.3.1 doesn't break anything...

I wouldn't mind a checklist of things that need to be tested (plus
preferred
people responsible for them) before a release goes out.
--
- Jack Jansen        <Jack.Jansen at oratrix.com>
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -