[Python-Dev] Re: RELEASED Python 2.3.1

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Fri Sep 26 15:52:03 EDT 2003

Neil Schemenauer <nas at arctrix.com> writes:

>   * try to reduce the number of version numbers in different files need to
>     be adjusted.

I suggest to update the version numbers in these files to the next
version *after* a release is done.  So, in the release23-maint branch
the version numbers could *now* be adjusted to 2.3.2.

And it would help if I could build the HTML docs myself from CVS. I did
manage to create the pdf files with TeTex under windows, but I didn't
succeed with the html pages so far.

This way, a Windows release could be built at any time, and I would not
only install and test it, but also use it as my default version.

Thomas