[Python-Dev] Re: RELEASED Python 2.3.1

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Sat Sep 27 00:37:59 EDT 2003

>>> "Jason R. Mastaler" wrote
> > Could 2.3.1 be revoked or replaced ASAP? "2.3.1b" or similar with
> > only this change would suit me.
>
> I'd be in favour of revoking 2.3.1 as well because of the severity of
> this bug.  I don't think we'll be completely rid of it otherwise.

I';m not sure what the term "revoke" would mean in this context. Replacing
it soon would work for me, and a big warning on the 2.3.1 page about the
fsync problem and the HP/UX build problem (these are the two that _must_ be
fixed in 2.3.2, as far as I'm concerned).

I can whack a bit of text on the 2.3.1 page saying "there will be a 2.3.2
release shortly - stay tuned" if people think it's appropriate.

Anthony