[Python-Dev] 2.3.1 is (almost) a go

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Sat Sep 27 18:07:57 EDT 2003

    Martin> Applications that don't want to suffer from the possible
    Martin> serialization of CDB would need to use their own environment.

I've given that a little more thought.  Instead of encumbering the factory
functions which implement the old API with an optional dbenv argument, I
think if people want to provide their own environment it's reasonable to
expect them to use the new bsddb3 API.  All we should do with the old API is
make it work in a multi-threaded environment if possible.

Skip