[Starship] Re: [Python-Dev] Re: RELEASED Python 2.3.1

Andrew Bennetts andrew-pythondev at puzzling.org
Mon Sep 29 09:03:40 EDT 2003

Michael Hudson wrote:
> Greg Ward <gward at python.net> writes:
>
> > OK, I'm installing tetex-base and latex2html now.  No guarantees if the
> > version of latex2html in Debian testing will actually work, of course.
> > ;-)
>
> Somehow this seems to have avoided installing some important
> executables -- like, e.g., "latex".  Are there some other packages
> that need to be installed too?

Looks like you need tetex-bin, judging from my debian (unstable) system:

  bash-2.05b$ dpkg -S `which latex`
  tetex-bin: /usr/bin/latex

It's probably worth grabbing tetex-extra, too; its description says:
  Together with tetex-bin and tetex-base, this will give you a
  complete teTeX installation.

-Andrew.