[Python-Dev] Re: PEP 318: Decorators last before colon

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Apr 9 09:10:23 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-09 at 05:44, Mark Russell wrote:

> It's a trivial change to disallow the second form - I'm pretty much
> 50/50 on whether it's a good idea to allow it or not.  Probably "There's
> only one way to do it" should apply.  (The change is trivial - in
> Grammar/Grammar, just replace [NEWLINE] with NEWLINE in the decorators
> entry).

Personally, I think it's fine to allow them to be on the same line.  I
wouldn't want to arbitrarily disallow it because we're worried about how
the tools will react.  If people gravitate toward this syntax because
it's more readable, then the tools will eventually adjust.

just-because-you-can-doesn't-mean-you-should-ly y'rs,
-Barry