[Python-Dev] Optimization targets

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Apr 15 13:26:44 EDT 2004

Jeremy Hylton <jeremy at alum.mit.edu> writes:

> Another question that I'd love to hear the answer to: What's the
> difference between Pysco and something like this Self implementation
> or the HotSpot Java implementation?  I've never read a clear
> explanation of what Pysco does or how it compares to other systems
> that do dynamic compilation.

I don't know the answer to this... I suspect part of it might have to
do with 'abstract interpretation'.  I'll see Armin tomorrow (at
PythonUK) and beat him up until he answers this question himself :-)

Cheers,
mwh

--
  please realize that the Common  Lisp community is more than 40
  years old.  collectively, the community has already been where