[Python-Dev] syncmail question - how to get submitter as From:?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Apr 16 10:18:38 EDT 2004

(I'm not sure where precisely to address this.  I'd send it directly to
Barry but figure that someone else might also know the answer and have
infinitessimally more time to respond.)

In my new job I nipped the Python project's syncmail script and added it to
our CVSROOT.  I then tweaked the loginfo file to run syncmail under the
proper conditions.  The messages go out just fine, but they come from
server at servername instead of from the person who executed the checkin
(e.g. skipm at servername).  Since that's the only indication in the syncmail
message who performed the checkin I'd like to get that corrected.  It
appears syncmail just sends out the message as the user it's running as.  Is
this a cvs server setting or some tweak to the SF version of CVS?  Locally
we're running cvs 1.11.2, which seems to match what SF runs on shell.sf.net.

Thanks,

Skip