[Python-Dev] Proposal: A more powerful alternative to ConfigParser

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Thu Apr 22 10:32:07 EDT 2004

On Thursday 22 April 2004 09:02 am, John Belmonte wrote:
 > It may also be useful to compare with other config alternatives, such as
 > ZConfig.

Hey, I've heard of that!  (Disclaimer: I wrote most of it.)  I just released a
new version as well.  Information about ZConfig can be found at:

    http://www.zope.org/Members/fdrake/zconfig/

There's a Wiki page that discusses some future plans for it at:

    http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/ZConfig

In particular, I'd be very interested in seeing something like ZConfig in the
standard library.  Some of my notes in the wiki relate specifically to what's
needed to make this appropriate.  I'd be very interested in comments from
people outside Zope Corporation who've tried the package.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation