[Python-Dev] Re: PEP 754

David Goodger goodger at python.org
Fri Apr 23 19:43:09 EDT 2004

 > [Ivan Judson]
 >> What's needs to be done to possibly get PEP754 (fpconst) to move
 >> ahead and perhaps go into 2.4?

This one seems to have slipped through the cracks.  I haven't heard
from the author lately; hopefully he hasn't lost interest.  In any
case, an active champion is needed for progress.

Tim Peters wrote:
 > + The implementation URL in the PEP no longer resolves, so that
 >   needs to be fixed.

A Google search resulted in:
<http://www.analytics.washington.edu/statcomp/projects/rzope/fpconst/>
I've updated the PEP.

 > + Last time I saw it, fpconst.py had a Pfizer copyright and
 >   license, which makes headaches for everyone.
 >
 > + It needs docs.
 >
 > + It needs a test suite.
 >
 > + Guido has to Pronounce on it.

Is Guido's waiting for your (Tim's) recommendation?  Guido wrote,
"David, I'll leave the review of this PEP entirely to Tim, if you