[Python-Dev] 2.4a2, and @decorators

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 18:15:07 CEST 2004

I want to jump into this debate, but have stayed out of it so far and
just don't have time for it.  But I can't let this one pass!

[Jim Fulton]
> Perhsps the difficulty in pickling an acceptable syntax should be taken as
> a warning sign that there's a problem with the feature.

There is, in fact, no such difficulty with any of these syntaxes:
I've tried pickling all of them, under both pickle.py and cPickle, and
they both pickle and unpickle fine.  I think this has to do with that
they're really all just strings <wink>.