[Python-Dev] trunk frozen for 2.4a2

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Wed Aug 4 20:21:23 CEST 2004

Please hold off on any checkins to the trunk for the next 24
hours or so (I'll post a followup when we're done) for 2.4a2.
(The usual exception for the release team of me, Fred and
Martin applies).

Once the second alpha is out the door, I plan to put together
a list of items that are still pending for 2.4 - any that can't
find someone to do the work will have to seriously be considered
at risk. At the moment, the major piece of orphaned work is the
relative imports and multi-line imports. The only other piece of
major unfinished work that springs to mind is the $string
interpolation, but there's a bunch of other smaller pieces. I
updated the release PEP after the first alpha - it's probably
useful for a few folks to scan through this and see if I missed
anything.

Ta,
Anthony