[Python-Dev] trunk is no longer frozen

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Aug 6 09:02:02 CEST 2004

Andrew McNamara wrote:
> In the name of bringing this thread up out of the noise: we need a
> "go/no go" on applying this patch to the tree prior to a3 (the patch
> adds "socketpair" to the socket module. Can I ask if the gods can
> spend a moment reviewing it (it's well localised and includes test and
> documentation updates)?

Let me repeat my earlier response to this kind of request: If you want
to "push" a patch into Python, the best way to get my attention is to
review 10 patches, comment on them, and post the summary of the review
to python-dev. If you do this often enough, you will become one of the
gods yourself :-)

That said, I think adding socketpair is a harmless extension.

Regards,
Martin