[Python-Dev] Call for defense of @decorators

Matteo Dell'Amico della at linux.it
Fri Aug 6 14:32:13 CEST 2004

Il ven, 2004-08-06 alle 00:52, Mark Russell ha scritto:
> Good thought.  Or even something like:
>
> 	|staticmethod|
> 	def foo(): pass
>
> I just tried converting test_decorators.py to this syntax, and it looks
> quite nice to my eye.

I like it.

Probably, I'd like even more:

<staticmethod, foomethod>
def foo(): pass

I think these kind of proposal is extetically pleasing to my eye, has
more or less all the pros of the list-before-def syntax, and wouldn't
have its main drawback: the "magic" behaviour of evaluating a string,
since <a, b, c> is no python object.

A drawback would be that no mainstream language uses this syntax, but I
think the C# one is sufficiently similar.

(and excuse me for proposing Just Another Syntax :-))

--
Ciao,
Matteo