[Python-Dev] Call for defense of @decorators

Christian Tanzer tanzer at swing.co.at
Fri Aug 6 15:42:50 CEST 2004

> Christian> To all proponents of list markup: that would be very hard to
> Christian> look up in the documentation. `@` should be easy to find in
> Christian> the index.
>
> It would be easy to find if you search for "def" or "function"...  This idea
> has been raised before and is a red herring in my opinion.

I know about looking at the documentation of `def`. But you are
assuming here that the puzzled reader associates the (leading) list
markup with the function definition.

The trailing list markup (that I personally favored) hasn't been in
contention since May? June?

Anyway, the pie syntax offers more index entries than the list syntax.

Tuning-out-for-good-now-ly yrs,

--
Christian Tanzer                                    http://www.c-tanzer.at/