[Python-Dev] Decorators: vertical bar syntax

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Sat Aug 7 12:42:46 CEST 2004

Lest my previous post saying I could "live with" the
pipe symbol be misinterpreted, I still prefer @ over |.
My main reason for preferring the former is that it's
far more obvious in a page of code (I tried both). The
pipe tends to blend in to a disturbing degree. Making it
a different colour in an editor also doesn't seem to help
that much.

I'm also concerned that we don't make a horrible
precedent here - that a new language feature is
changed solely because other tools that were playing
outside the boundaries of the language will be
impacted. This would be an utter pain in the arse
going forward.

Anthony