[Python-Dev] pie-thon redux

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Sat Aug 7 15:26:18 CEST 2004

"Phillip J. Eby" <pje at telecommunity.com> writes:

> At 02:13 AM 8/7/04 +1000, Anthony Baxter wrote:
>>As a break from the decorator thread, NTK (www.ntk.net)
>>had this writeup of the Pie-Thon. It amused me.
>>
>>[snip]
>
> I'm not usually one for today's IM slang, but...
>
> OMG!!!!  RTFLOL!!!  :)

Does this mean you're new to NTK?  They also had the best write-up
anywhere of the open sourcing of Principia/Zope:

                                >> TRACKING <<
                  making good use of the things that we find

         Professional Web content systems companies, switching to
         Open Source - as recommended by their own *venture
         capitalist*? That's *sick*. ZOPE is a PERVERTED hybrid of
         the widely-regarded BOBO object-oriented CGI replacement,
         and the previously commercial PRINCIPIA Web application
         system. It's also got the Aqueduct relational database
         system thrown in. It's all free, source code is included,
         and even more horrifically, it's centered on the PYTHON
         language, that politically-correct, nicely-formatted,
         easy-to-read OPEN BLOODY SOURCE scripting language. ZOPE's
         creators will be releasing the source later today, so we
         haven't had a chance to play, but we hope it's bloody
         rubbish, otherwise we'll have nothing nasty to say at all.
         http://www.zope.org/
                  - nice clean well-written Website too. CURSE THEM!

http://www.ntk.net/

Cheers,
mwh

--
    -Dr. Olin Shivers,
     Ph.D., Cranberry-Melon School of Cucumber Science