[Python-Dev] pep 318, Decorators for Functions, Methods and Classes

Simon Percivall s.percivall at chello.se
Sat Aug 7 20:02:34 CEST 2004

I just wanted to say that I believe it should be allowed to decorate
classes. There's not reason enough (reading the thread linked to by the
PEP) to limit decorators this way. Like said several times in that
thread, metaclasses are harder (to write and to understand) than
decorators.

Also, considering that you said you would have actually wanted
docstrings above the definition of a function, wouldn't this apply
to classes as well?

Anyway, it's an artificial limit and it would be better to be able
to test it out during the alpha.

//Simon