[Python-Dev] Re: Decorators: vertical bar syntax

Gregory Lielens gregory.lielens at fft.be
Sun Aug 8 13:24:22 CEST 2004

Oups, saw you just added it, a C4 proposal :-)

One remark though, I would far prefer if the implicit linebreak is not
done, it is a special casing again, for little readability benefit
imho...
I appreciate consistency for syntax, as special cases often causes small
syntax errors for me, that have to be corrected and remove part of the
fun in programming: I really like to have a Python that reads like
pseudo-code and have a nice coherent syntax easy to remember, sure it is
maybe trivial compared to other things that makes a good programming
langage but this is what stand out for me first time I saw a python
script...

Regards,

Greg.