[Python-Dev] Cygwin and sockets

Jason Tishler jason at tishler.net
Mon Aug 9 16:52:42 CEST 2004

Martin,

On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 08:19:30AM +0200, "Martin v. L?wis" wrote:
> Jason Tishler wrote:
> >See attach for the details.  OK to apply?
>
> Yes, go ahead.

Done.

> I'd like to find a better way though to determine whether we need to
> include the emulated addrinfo.h

Agreed, which was I checked before committing my simplistic patch.

> >BTW, the socket module builds automatically for me.
>
> It might be that the bug reporter is mistaken in his claim that
> building _socked.pyd was skipped. More likely, it failed, but setup.py
> proceeded happily.

I thought the above was a likely possibility too.

> Please close the bug report when you are done, indicating that it now
> works for you.

Done.

> Thanks for looking into this,

You are quite welcome -- thanks for the heads up.

BTW, I discovered that the following modules fail to build under Cygwin
too:

    strop
    cPickle
    readline

I will submit a patch to fix these problems shortly.

Jason