[Python-Dev] Re: Decorators: vertical bar syntax

Paul Moore pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 9 19:42:37 CEST 2004

Jeremy Hylton <jhylton at gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 00:35:17 -0400, Edward Loper
> <edloper at gradient.cis.upenn.edu> wrote:
>> The new "vertical bar" syntax was proposed recently, and has gotten
>> almost unanimously positive feedback.  In particular, of 17 responses
>> to the syntax, only one has been negative (see table, below).
>
> I dislike it.  It's not as friendly or visible as the @.

I prefer @ but am willing to accept | as a compromise. I'd be
interested to know if that sentiment (which I think I've expressed
before) was one of those that Edward counted as "non-negative"...

Paul.
--
Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions,
including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog --