[Python-Dev] Third Bug Day outcome

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Tue Aug 10 00:16:42 CEST 2004

On Sun, Aug 08, 2004 at 05:41:48PM -0400, Raymond Hettinger wrote:
> What is involved beyond the Wiki page and announcing a day?

The most burdensome part is just hanging around all day so there's
someone who can close bugs, commit changes, answer questions, etc.
For the first two bug days, I was the only committer around so that
meant I had to stay on IRC for 8 hours.  This past bug day, there were
lots of committers around, so I could have easily skipped out for a
few hours to go grocery shopping, run errands, or whatever.

Also, 9 to 5 is a good length for the bug day; by 3 or 4 PM I'm
starting to get frazzled, but the day is almost over so that's OK.
The first bug day was announced as being 12 hours long, which would
have ben deadly, but luckily SF CVS stopped working around 6PM on that
first day and saved me.

--amk