[Python-Dev] Checkin Privileges (was: Re: Third Bug Day outcome)

Johannes Gijsbers jlgijsbers at planet.nl
Wed Aug 11 14:17:27 CEST 2004

Michael Hudson <mwh <at> python.net> writes:

> Well apart from jlgijsbers who you mentioned in your post
>
> I don't know how much longer we should let him get away with not being
> a committer, though <wink>.
>
> Cheers,
> mwh

Not very long <wink>. Being a committer would be great, though how much time I
can spend on Python really depends on the rest of my life. Consider this a
request for checkin privileges.

Some of you may have seen me on the wiki or the pydotorg list, but a short
introduction seems in order.

As you've probably noticed, my name is Johannes Gijsbers. I run a small company
with a friend; we use Python whenever we can. Also, I've just finished the first
year of my philosophy bachelor. This year the plan is not to continue studying
philosophy, but to work for six months and then to travel around in South
America until my money runs out. I'll see what happens after that.

I discovered Python in March 2001 and haven't really looked back since. I admire
other languages (e.g. Lisp, Smalltalk) in some ways, but I can't use them for
real work. I've been helping out with the wiki and pydotorg for some time now
and the Python Bug Days sucked me into helping out with Python itself as well.

Besides programming, my main interests are literature and its relation with
philosophy, juggling, communities in general and wiki culture in particular.

Johannes