[Python-Dev] 2.3.4 on Win64?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Aug 11 20:20:43 CEST 2004

Nick Bastin wrote:
> Has anybody built 2.3.4 on Win64, and if so, is there a preferred way?
> We built it by exporting the makefiles and twiddling with the linker
> options and pointer size in pyconfig.h, but that seems a bit kludgy.

I did (assuming you mean Itanium). I first tried it with that approach,
then I talked Peter Tröger into developing vsextcomp, which is now used
in the CVS. So unless you have a specific reason to use 2.3.4, I
recommend to use 2.4.

If I had to do it again, I would use a vsextcomp procedure now: Import
the VC6 project files into VC7, then, using vsextcomp, generate Itanium
targets for them.

Regards,
Martin

P.S. sf.net/projects/vsextcomp