[Python-Dev] status of statistics.py?

Brett C. bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Aug 12 05:47:31 CEST 2004

Michael Hudson wrote:

> I see statistics.py is still in nondist/sandbox/.  Is there any deep
> reason for this?  I see the file ends with
>
> XXX = """
>     Other possible functions include data groupers for
>     binning, counting, and splitting into equivalence classes.
> """
>
> but that hardly seems a blocker.  I'd like to see the module in 2.4.

Just so that it is documented here and the people not at the last Bug
Day know, Michael asked Raymond about this.  Raymond said that he didn't
really see a need for the module anymore since most of the important
functionality had already made it into the stdlib in one form or
another.  He also said that time would be better spent on a calculator
module that could take on any functionality that was needed that
'statistics' provided.

-Brett