[Python-Dev] Re: Update PEP 292

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Aug 12 05:54:55 CEST 2004

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004, Greg Ewing wrote:

>> Apart from removing the need for the parentheses/braces in this case,
>> all it does is consistently remove the "s",
>
> I believe that just removing the 's' alone would be a substantial
> benefit. It's easy to forget when writing, and tends to get lost or
> confused with the surrounding text when reading.

I'll say.  I've been doing a lot of work with interpolated strings
lately, and even though I've been bitten several times, I keep making
the same mistake.  Maybe I'm just stupid, though...

"To me vi is Zen.  To use vi is to practice zen.  Every command is a
koan.  Profound to the user, unintelligible to the uninitiated.  You
discover truth everytime you use it."  --reddy at lion.austin.ibm.com