[Python-Dev] Re: Prothon on CPython intrepreter? [PROTHON]

Brett C. bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Aug 13 19:26:18 CEST 2004

Mark Hahn wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:56:05 -0700, Mark Hahn wrote:
>

>>This CPython->.Net->CProthon roadmap will get Prothon out quickly and slowly
>>ease my wild ideas for the interpreter into Prothon.  It will also make
>>CPython a multiple language VM for the first time.
>

> I've gotten a cold reception to this idea of implementing Prothon on the
> CPython interpreter.  Not only did Christian Tismer (and he should know)
> and others warn me of the technnical challenge I was signing up for, but
> there wasn't exactly a groundswell of enthusiasm for the idea overall.

Sorry to hear about this.  Hopefully you can end up with a nice enough
AST for Prothon that targetting other VMs won't be any more difficult
than just writing walker for the AST.

-Brett