[Python-Dev] Deprecate sys.exitfunc?

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Mon Aug 16 01:57:18 CEST 2004

>     Raymond> Can we strengthen this by deprecating sys.exitfunc?
>
> What would you have the atexit module use?

Of course, it would have to stick around in some form accessible by
atexit but not by everyone else.  I'm suggesting deprecating it from the
published API and possibly changing its name to an underscore or some
such.

Right now, the docs for sys.exitfunc mention that 'atexit' is a way to
handle multiple exit functions, but it stops short of saying not to use
sys.exitfunc at all.

Raymond