[Python-Dev] multiple instances of python on XP

Paul Gimpelj pgimpelj at sympatico.ca
Tue Aug 17 22:41:56 CEST 2004

hi,

I was wondering how to have multiple instances of python running on XP.

I have ZOPE and TSW installed, but ZOPE's python is grabbing paths from TSW's python.

specifically I

 changed to dir "...\Zope-2.7.2-0\bin"
and in cmd window  ran python

did help() , sys
and executable= r'...\Zope-2.7.2-0\bin\python.exe'
but exec_prefix = r'...\TSW\Apache2\python'
path_importer_cache = ...\TSW|Apache2\python...

TSW's pyhon is ver 2.3.4
ZOPE python is 2.3.3

so Is there a way to prevent this mixup?
I would like to have ZOPE installed as a service, and that means a python is running as a service.

I would like to multiple python services running, and have them stay in their own installed areas.

Is there a way to define the internal paths, and not to use XP's search  PATH

Would I have to rename python to python_1, Python_2, etc?

Thanks.