[Python-Dev] PEP 318: Can't we all just get along?

Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy) tdelaney at avaya.com
Thu Aug 19 06:37:45 CEST 2004

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> Is anybody seriously trying to come up with a single alternative
> decorator proposal that most folks "out there" can support, to be
> presented to me (with implementation, please!) in time for 2.4b1?

I'm afraid that absolutely zero consensus is emerging :( I've withdrawn
myself entirely from the discussions as they've proven completely
useless.

Last time I saw behaviour like this was PEP 308. Hmm - PEP 308 -
controversial syntax. PEP 318 - controversial syntax. PEP 328 - somewhat
controversial syntax (I still don't overly like it).

Anyone want to guess what PEP 338 will be like? ;)

Tim Delaney