[Python-Dev] Weekly Python Bug/Patch Summary

Michael Chermside mcherm at mcherm.com
Mon Aug 23 18:22:03 CEST 2004

Skip writes:
> Any thoughts about posting this to c.l.py as well as python-dev?  Maybe it
> would encourage some more participation...

I don't want to exercise a veto here or anything, but I don't think
it would be helpful. The barrier to more participation isn't that people
don't know there's work to be done. I suspect that anyone who was going
to consider helping with development would either be scratching their
own itch (ie, contributing a patch and wouldn't care about this report),
or would already be reading python-dev (after all, it's not hard to
qualify to receive it!). I worry that posting this to c.l.py would be
unlikely to generate anything other than occasional bellyaching about
how slow we are about addressing bug reports.

What might be more helpful would be a call for volunteers. We could
form a "patch reviewers" group that would review patches on SF. Or
something. Actually, figuring out how to recruit volunteers is a
difficult problem. But I'm not sure the weekly bug/patch summary is the
solution.

-- Michael Chermside