[Python-Dev] Decoding incomplete unicode

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Aug 24 07:13:29 CEST 2004

Walter Dörwald wrote:
> OK, let's come up with a patch that fixes the incomplete byte
> sequences problem and then discuss non-stream APIs.
>
> So, what should the next step be?

I think your first patch should be taken as a basis for that.
Add the state-supporting decoding C functions, and change
the stream readers to use them. That still leaves the issue
of the last read operation, which I'm tempted to leave unresolved
for Python 2.4. No matter what the solution is, it would likely
require changes to all codecs, which is not good.

Regards,
Martin