[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/nondist/peps pep-0318.txt, 1.25, 1.26

Robert Brewer fumanchu at amor.org
Tue Aug 24 22:08:21 CEST 2004

Skip Montanaro (I think) wrote:
> List some possible reasons why arriving at consensus about decorators
> has been so hard (or impossible) to acheive.  There are certainly
more.

First reaction: Each proposal, by its very syntax, suggested a range of
non-decorator use cases and semantics. Unfortunately, we have dozens of
syntax proposals with "ranges of implication" which do not overlap, and
therefore cannot be evaluated fairly (very little "apples to apples"
comparison). Most of the remaining discussions addressed Beauty, Fear,
Magic, or Intuition, which take more effort and space to analyze
properly than your typical Usenet post allows.

Robert Brewer
MIS
Amor Ministries
fumanchu at amor.org