[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Lib/test test_string.py, 1.25, 1.26

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at iinet.net.au
Wed Aug 25 08:58:42 CEST 2004

Walter Dörwald wrote:
> test_string.py is supposed to test the string module. This new test
> should be moved to test_str.py (or even better to string_test.py,
> so that it can be reused for doing the same test with unicode objects).

Ah, I think I see where the tests should have gone
(MixinStrUnicodeUserStringTest.test_join in string_test.py).

I'll work up a patch to bring those tests in sync with the rest of the
string tests (the structure of which I find harder to follow than the
string code itself. . .). However, I probably won't get to it for a week
or so.

Cheers,
Nick.