[Python-Dev] Dealing with test__locale failure on OS X before a3

Brett C. bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Aug 27 00:56:23 CEST 2004

Martin v. Löwis wrote:

> Brett C. wrote:
>
>> Personally I would like to turn off the test on OS X for now and then
>> try to see if there is a proper way to solve this.
>

> In what way does that help? The test shows that the locale module is
> broken on OS X. So the only sensible options are to remove the module
> (or atleast the relevant functions), or to fix them. I fail to see how
> skipping the test does any good. The test fails, and life goes on.

It prevents repetitive bug reports for an issue we already know about.
And as I said in the email, test_locale is skipped for OS X so I thought
same reasoning would apply here.

-Brett