[Python-Dev] J2 proposal final

Robert Brewer fumanchu at amor.org
Fri Aug 27 16:14:23 CEST 2004

Hello, Guido,

The J2 patch and proposal are finished
(http://www.aminus.org/rbre/python/pydec.html) and ready for your
consideration. In the interest of time, I'm submitting the arguments to
you now. The "call for signatories" is still open, but I think you can
get a feel for the level of support based upon the current endorsements,
and modify that as more names come in.

I'll be in Ensenada (at a friend's bachelor party, if you must know :)
until Sunday evening, at which time I will add in any new signatories.
If you have any questions until that time, I'm sure Michael Sparks
(among others) would be happy to answer or delegate them. Your decision
schedule is of course your own.

Thanks for your consideration and support throughout this process! For
the Python community,

Robert Brewer
MIS
Amor Ministries
fumanchu at amor.org

P.S. For the record, I had selected and am now submitting the J2 syntax
based on a community vote on c.l.p., wherein each voter cast 3 votes,
for a total of 70 voters with 209 votes. The top contenders as of today
(a good time to officially close that vote):

	1st	2nd	3rd	Total	%
A1	4	2	3	9
C1	9	9	12	30	0.14
C2	7	7	2	16
J2	33	34	30	97	0.46

The total number of votes for J2 beat the total number of votes for C1
(the next contender) by over three to one. It was unclear to many in
that poll whether A1 was a valid vote; it's not recommended to draw any
conclusions regarding the preference of voters for A1 from that
vote--that may be more correctly drawn from the list of signatories of
the proposal.