[Python-Dev] Removing stuff from 2.4

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Tue Aug 31 15:16:16 CEST 2004

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 12:57:37PM -0700, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> (I still haven't started using the new email package,
> so I'm reluctant to see my beloved rfc822.py disappearing in the
> future; but I trust its fate is sealed, and I'm happy it gets an
> extension. :-)

I don't know if you followed the subsequent thread, but removing
rfc822 is going to take quite a while.  A 2.5 problem...

Removing statcache.py breaks two modules in Lib/lib-old, cmpcache.py
and dircmp.py.  What should be done: rewrite them to use os.stat
instead of statcache, or just delete them?  The files in lib-old were
last touched six weeks ago when Tim cleaned up the whitespace; before
that they hadn't been touched since 2001 at the latest..

Wow, before Tim's whitespace n11n, lib-old/newdir.py was last touched
in August 1994.  10 years ago!

--amk