[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Misc NEWS, 1.1125, 1.1126

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Tue Aug 31 16:03:52 CEST 2004

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 06:51:03AM -0700, akuchling at users.sourceforge.net wrote:
> Add news item.
> +- The mpz, rotor, and xreadlines modules, all deprecated in earlier
> +  versions of Python, have now been removed.
> +

Well, *that* was messier than I was expecting...  Done now.

I haven't touched the Makefiles for the PC and OS2 ports to remove
these modules; if the maintainers want me to do that, please let me
know.  I did modify the RISC-OS port, because I don't know how
responsive the maintainer is and thought it best to ensure the
Makefile up to date.

--amk