[Python-Dev] [Python 2.4] PyInt_FromLong returning NULL

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Tue Dec 7 19:30:20 CET 2004

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 01:02:51PM -0500, Tim Peters wrote:
> pre-existing objects whenever possible.  So, wrt:
> > I'd say the first step should be to add checks
> that's probably not going to help.  I'd make it the fourth thing <wink>.

Is it possible that some other Python API call is raising an
exception, but a NULL return isn't being checked for, and
PyInt_FromLong() happens to be the first bit of code that does 'if
(PyErr_Occurred())'?  Though from a quick glance at PyInt_FromLong()
and the macros it uses, I don't see any references to PyErr_Occurred()...

--amk