[Python-Dev] The other Py2.4 issue

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Dec 12 16:45:02 CET 2004

Christian Tismer wrote:
> Maybe we can set this up as a service?
> I have the compiler and could do something like
> doing a checkout, build, and upload new binary
> for a number of projects.

I don't think this needs to be too automated.
Offering this service is a good thing, and if somebody
volunteers, I will applaud. However, I believe that
it will be used less often than this thread might
suggest: Many developers do have VS.NET available, or
know somebody in their user community who does (or
would know if they asked), so a "global" compilation
service would likely be an infrequently-used fallback.

Nevertheless: if somebody wants to offer this for,
say, 6 months, I'd be really curious what the feedback
will be. We could announce this on pydotorg and elsewhere
if that volunteers desires.

Regards,
Martin