[Python-Dev] MinGW And The other Py2.4 issue

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Dec 14 23:48:41 CET 2004

Paul Moore wrote:
> Thanks for your comments. Your support for the viability of building
> extensions using mingw is important to me, so if you still have any
> concerns, let me know and I will do my best to address them.

I understand that one still needs to build libpython24.a in order to
use this process. As I have said, I'd happily ship that file with the
2.4.1 MSI, unless the release manager tells me that this would an
unacceptable new feature, and as long as somebody provides a fully
automatic build process integrated into msi.py; for that build process,
it is ok to assume that a cygwin installation is in c:\cygwin.

So if this would be useful (which I don't know for sure), I still need
a volunteer to contribute the appropriate magic.

Regards,
Martin