[Python-Dev] Re: Problem with ./configure (py2.3.4)

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Dec 22 17:04:04 CET 2004

hi andre,

>I have problem with re-install python 2.3.4, when I execute ./configure is appear one message in
>config.log, follow below :
> configure:1710: gcc    conftest.cc  >&5
> gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1plus': No such file or directory
> configure:1713: $? = 1
>
> My gnu/linux is 2.6.8-1-386(debian/sarge)
>
> Somebody could  help me?

Since this is most likely a problem with your local configuration, it's pretty much
off-topic for python-dev.  I suggest asking for help on comp.lang.python instead.

(but feel free to return if you can confirm that this really is a problem with the
./configure file, and that the problem is still there in Python 2.4).

</F>